Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!...Yesterday

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a wonderful day. Joe stayed home and we kind of slept in until 8 am. We woke up to hearing Madison sing Happy Birthday over the baby monitor. It was so cute. I couldn't believe that she actually remembered that it was my birthday. All day long Emily and Madison were very concerned that we did everything right. They wanted to make sure that we had Birthday cake and ice cream and open presents. They had a hard time understanding that the presents are coming later. We went to the park yesterday morning and let the kids play. Then we came home ate lunch and relaxed while the kids were taking naps. After naps Joe took me shopping to use the birthday money I received from his grandparents and dad. Thank you very much! I was able to buy 2 shirts and I am still looking for a skirt or another shirt that I like. After shopping we dropped the kids off at Ben and Sara's house. Thank you you guys! Joe and I went to dinner at Red Robin. It was delicious and I left stuffed. After dinner we picked up the kids and rented Confessions of a Shopaholic and watched it before bed. It was a cute movie. Really different from the book though. Overall it was a wonderful day and I am so thankful for my husband who planned fun things for us to do.

3 comments:

The Meffords said...

We opened up your presents at our house hahaha!!! We had a lot of fun watching your kiddies! So well behaved!!!!! Anytime you want to bring them over is fine with us! And you can come with!

Julee said...

Glad your birthday was good! You deserve it!

dbcall said...

Happy late bday Liz!!! Hope you had a fantastic day.