Last year I had this brilliant idea to thin out our strawberries and fertilize the ground while we were at it. We (I) ended up putting to much chicken manure in the soil and all our strawberries died. :( This year we decided to order more strawberries from
Gurneys Nurseries. It was about $10 for 50 plants. We just got them in the mail today and planted them right away. I am so excited! I hope that they work, and that we will get lots of strawberries from them. It says to pinch off the flowers through July for the 1st year so we will only get a small crop this year (they are everybearing), but next year I hope to have lots of strawberries. About a half hour after we planted them Emily asked me "Mom, are they ready now?" She thought we could plant them and they would be ready today. :) That would be awesome if they grew that fast.
1 comment:
Kids these days!!! :)
Instant gratification at its finest! I think that is adorable!
Post a Comment