We had a great week filled with some fun. There was two birthdays in my family this last week. Jared and Benjamen. We went to my parent's house on Thursday to celebrate with Jared and gave him a new haircut for a birthday present. Then yesterday he had a dance festival that was multi stake. He did a great job. His stake got to do country swing and line dancing. Emily especially had a great time at the festival and danced right along with everyone else while sitting up in the stands. She told me later that she needed to go again and she would dance on the floor with Jared. Yesterday was also Benjamen's birthday so we wished him a happy birthday and we will be celebrating today with cake and ice cream at my parent's house. Also today Joe and I gave talks at church. I always get so nervous about giving a talk and it was even more nerve wracking because I also play the organ so I played the opening song and then sacrament song, gave my talk and went right back to the organ to do the intermediate hymn. To make it even more crazy I didn't get any songs this week and found out that the music instructor is out of town so I picked my songs yesterday. It all turned out okay though. I ended though with 1/2 hour left for Joe to give his talk (sorry Joe). All was okay though because our bishop decided he wanted to give some closing remarks. I spoke on how family home evening prepares me to share the gospel and Joe spoke on how scripture study prepares him to share the gospel. I think that both talks went great.
1 comment:
I am glad it was you guys giving the talks and not us! I dread those Sundays.
Post a Comment