Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our Busy Week

This last week was very busy. At the beginning of the week we decided to move our living room around. It wouldn't have taken so long but we have two bookshelves filled with books. We had to take all the books off, move the shelves and then decide if we wanted to keep all the books or not. Here is a picture of what it looks like now. The bookshelves used to be on the wall that the couch is on.

Later in the week we decided to can cherry pie filling. We bought 5 lbs of pie cherries thinking that would be a lot. We were only able to get 4 jars of pie filling from it. On Saturday Rachel came with me to the church orchards and we were able to pick 25 lbs more for half the price that it cost me for the first 5 lbs. Joe and I will be canning these tomorrow. We are excited to have yummy homemade pie filling.

On Friday I took the kids to Settler's park to meet up with my friend Julee. After she had been there about 20 minutes Madison decided to walk behind the swing Emily was swinging in and she went flying. It was one of those slow motion moments where I saw it happening, but I couldn't get there in time to stop it. She ended up with a large bruise on her cheek. Friday it was very swollen and really hard underneath so we took her to the doctor to make sure that everything was okay and luckily all is well.
Friday night I took Emily and Madison to the movie in the park while Joe stayed home with JJ and did homework. We watched Star Wars: Clone Wars. I was worried Friday evening because it was looking like it was going to rain, and every time I have tried to go it has been rained out. Luckily no rain came down and we were able to see the movie.
All in all we had a great busy week.

2 comments:

Julee said...

Your living room looks great! Glad to hear that Madison is OK! What did the Dr say about it?

Elizabeth said...

He just said that the reason it was hard was that it was a hematoma and he checked all of her bones in her face to make sure that none of them were broken. He also checked her mouth to make sure no damage was done there and then said that everything was Okay.