Thursday, August 20, 2009

JJ is One!


JJ turned one on August 14th. I have been waiting to post this until we loaded the video camera pictures because we forgot the camera. I decided to do it without those pictures because we still haven't done it, and I can't find the cord.
I was actually out of town on JJ's birthday and didn't even get to see him. Joe was out of town too so we celebrated on Sunday. We went to my parents house and made french toast. He loved it . We also had cake and ice cream. We make a separate cake for their first birthday so he got his own little baseball cake, and everyone else had a piece of the big baseball cake. He loved the cake and went to town on it. I think he devoured almost the entire thing. He especially loved the frosting. It was so fun to watch him. He also enjoyed opening his presents. He got lots of clothes, a car seat, and toys. He loved the toys the most, I think. He kept wanting to hold on to them and didn't want to let go of them to open another present. Thank you to everyone who gave him a present. His sisters hardly let him play with them. Luckily he is still pretty easygoing right now so he doesn't care too much.
He has grown so much this last month and at his one year appointment he weighed 19 lb 1 oz and was 28 1/2 inches long. That was a 2 1/2 inch and 3 lb difference from his 9 month appointment. He has also started standing against furniture, scooting on the ground, and rolling all over the place. Hopefully he will start to crawl soon and then soon after that walk. I do like having him mostly stationary though because then he isn't getting into everything. We love this little boy and are so greatful for the joy that he brings into our home.

1 comment:

Kristi M. said...

Gunnar was a later crawler and walker too. He started crawling at about 13 months and then started walking about a week later.Crazy how they do things on their own terms. I really liked the stationary thing too.