Here is the recipe I use for pickles.
German Pickles
1/2 tsp. mustard seed
1-2 cloves of garlic
1 C vinegar
2 C Water
2 T salt
1-2 heads of Dill
1/2 to 1 C sugar (optional) (I don't use the sugar)
Combine: vinegar, water and salt. Bring to boil and shut off
In the jar add garlic to the bottom.
Then put cucumbers, eggs, or pepper into the jar (I usually do cucumber spears because I wait to long to pick the cucumbers and then they are too large)
Next, add mustard seed and dill.
Add liquid
Put grape leaf on top and close
Water bath by bringing to boil for 5 minutes. Then remove and let sit for three months. If pickles are soft you may add a pea size amount of alum to retain crispness.
If anyone wants to make these and doesn't have the dill or grape leaves just let me know. We have both in our garden.
Skinny Soup
9 years ago




2 comments:
Aagh! Thanks for doing this for me. I really appreciate it!
I really need to come over and watch you make pickles. I got cucumbers coming out my ears...
Post a Comment