Sunday morning Madison decided to eat some Aspirin. I was taking a shower and Joe wasn't out of bed quite yet. When I got out of the shower she comes walking in with a bottle of aspirin wanting me to give her more. I asked if she had eaten some and she said yes. Emily chimed in and said Madison had eaten two of them. I thought she should be okay and called my Mom to make sure. She said it was probably best to call poison control just to double check. When I called them they asked how many were missing from the bottle since I told them I could only remember using one aspirin from the bottle for a bee sting. We counted the entire bottle of pills to find out 30 were missing. They said we should take her to the ER for blood tests to make sure. So I took her to West Valley Medical Center while Joe took Emily and JJ to church. While at the ER she got her blood tested twice and had to drink charcoal. She hated the charcoal and ended up with it all over her clothes, the floor, the chair, and me. After the second blood test the doctor came in and said that her levels had been a bit elevated after the first test, but after the second test she was down to a 6 which was the same as if you were just to take an aspirin for a headache. So we got to go home. Yay! Hopefully she won't be doing anything like that again since she hated the experience so much. We will be moving our medicines to our bedroom too so she can't get into them again.
2 comments:
Been there, done that! Maya ate some Advil once while we were driving in the car. I heard a crunching and turned around just in time to see her with her "snack." I called our doctor and since I didn't know how much she'd eaten, she had to go to the ER. It was so scary (and Jeff was in Seattle working at the time).
Anyway, I wondered why you weren't playing the organ yesterday--and now I know. I'm glad everything is okay!
Scary!!! Glad everything turned out alright!
Post a Comment