Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Home Made Gripe Water

JJ has had really bad gas. I mean toxic. He has been in a lot of pain from it and we have tried Mylicon, bicycling his legs, rubbing his belly, rocking, and bouncing. Nothing seems to work. They all get the gas out, but it takes time and he is arching in pain the whole time. He is really strong, much stronger than the girls were and it is hard to hold him while he is arching so much. So my mom and I googled grip water online and found a homemade recipe that just has Dill Seeds and water. You just boil them together for 10 minutes, let them cool and then feed 2 oz to baby. I made some of this yesterday for JJ and it worked awesome. He didn't even take the full 2 oz and he slept through the night again like he used to and didn't wake up at 2 am screaming from the pain. It was so nice. Tonight I gave him some again before bed and he immediately started passing gas and so far he is doing great. Hopefully it will go over as well as last night. I am so glad that we were able to find this recipe.

2 comments:

Julee said...

So glad that you found something that works!! Yea!

The Meffords said...

poor little JJ! Im glad you found something to help him and us lol it really is toxic! How can something so strong come out of something so little?