
Today at church some families sang a song called The Family is of God. I love this song. We have it on a CD of primary songs for the primary program this year, and we listen to it in our van whenever we are driving around town. Today, listening to the song got me thinking about the family and how important it is to our Heavenly Father's plan. The first verse and chorus of the song say:
Our Father has a family, it's me, it's you, all of us too we are his children
He sent each one of us to earth, through birth, to live and serve here in families.
God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be.
This is how he shares his love, for the family is of God.
Our Father in Heaven loves each of us so much. He can't be here on earth with us so he has set up these family units to help each one of us return to live with him again. It makes me think about how important it is for me to teach these children he has entrusted me with about Him and His Plan. And how important it is for me to listen to the spirit so I can raise them how our Father in Heaven wants them to be raised so they can become what he wants them to be. Each child is so different and something that works for one of my children doesn't always work for the other.
I am so grateful for the knowledge that the family unit doesn't just stop here. That it is perpetuated beyond the grave. I will get to be with my family even after I die. It brings me joy to know this.




1 comment:
Thank you for posting that! I haven't heard that song, yet. I will have to find it.
Post a Comment