We had a fun day for St Patrick's day and went all out with the green. This morning we of course all dressed in green and had green oatmeal for breakfast. Then we went to the Y and I worked out with Sally and Kendra while the kids played in Child Watch. Then we went to Sally's house and had green Macaroni and Cheese. The kids did a small craft gluing macaroni and cheerios on a shamrock and we ate sugar cookies with green frosting. The kids also had fun playing outside in the nice warm weather. For dinner tonight we had green pancakes with green syrup and green milk. It was so much fun. This morning when we got dressed Emily kept asking why we celebrate St Patrick's day and why we wear green so Kendra looked it up. We found out that we wear green because some school children started it. Probably because of the Shamrock that St Patrick used to teach about the trinity. St Patrick was a catholic saint that went around Ireland converting pagans to Christiandom and they say that he led all the snakes out of Ireland (probably just a symbolic meaning of driving out paganism) March 17 is the day that he died and that is why we celebrate St Patrick's day on March 17th. It is so much fun to learn all these things because we have children. I love how curious they are.
2 comments:
I am glad my little ones didn't ask. I didn't know all of that.
:)
I would watch for green poop in the next day or so. :)It is one of those holidays that just keeps giving!
We had a green day as well... I am happy you are home and I am so sorry about Joe's mom - tell him I said hang in there and remember to always cling to the gospel.
Post a Comment